Friday, May 10, 2013

Review:AtWD Untold Tales Vol. 3 by Rhiannon Frater

Title: As the World Dies Untold Tales Vol. 3
Author: Rhiannon Frater
Source: ARC provided by author
Rating: 5 Stars
Blurb: In the third volume of the AS THE WORLD DIES UNTOLD TALES experience three terrifying tales of those who are forced to face the unrelenting and hungry walking dead.

Returning to Texas after celebrating his divorce in Vegas, Rune, a biker cursed with the ability to see ghosts, discovers that the world is being taken over by the hungry undead. Soon he realizes he will have to depend on all his abilities to survive not only the ravenous zombies, but the dangerous men lurking on the back roads of Texas.

Senator Paige Brightman abandoned the Madison Mall and its inhabitants to the hungry hordes, but her journey did not end there. Her attempt to reach the president’s safe haven called Central has far reaching ramifications for her and the people she abandoned.

The final in the three stories reveals the aftermath of the great battle in SIEGE as one woman faces the ultimate decision whether to live or die in a world of the undead.

Lori's Thoughts:
I have avoided all of Rhiannon's untold tales volumes before, because I didn't know if I could handle going back into that world again for such a short amount of time. To say that I love the AtWD universe is an understatement, and I am of course, a Rhiannon Frater fangirl so I think most people are surprised by this. What can I say about Vol. 3?
It's great, like the other Untold Vols. we get to learn how certain individuals came to be at the fort. It's a great. Vol. 3 starts off with Rune's story, and as soon as I finished the first page I was sucked back into this world. Rune is a great character, and I very much enjoyed spending more time with him.
I do have to say that the last story of the book is my favorite. It's very much a completion of the saga, and Rhiannon herself told me that when she finished it the world felt complete, so needless to say, I don't think there will be another book. The last story is a story of heartbreak, and of love in a dead world. It illustrates how hard it is to love, and have real emotions. There is one scene in the story that impacted me as much as those little fingers under the door. I had tears streaming down my face as I read it, and even now, thinking about it I am holding back more tears. It's a huge accomplishment for a writer to move her readers to such deep emotions, and Rhiannon does it for me again and again.
I loved being in this world again, so much so that I might have to hunt down Vols. 1 & 2 on my kindle and read them.
Thank you so much Rhiannon for giving me a chance to visit this world again.
I was given an early copy of this book for review.


1 comments:

  1. Thanks for the early review.

    Pipeline™

    ReplyDelete