Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Intruders by Logan Rutherford

The White House has been engulfed by the shadow of a mysterious ship. Days go by, and the Visitors make no contact, until one day, they leave. Suddenly the Earth goes still. Billions of people disappear at once. There’s no trace as to where that vast population has gone.

Seventeen-year-old Charlie Freeman and his cousin Alex, are two of the few left behind. While fighting for survival they join a girl named Sarah on her journey to Washington D.C. to rescue her little brother. The path they walk is riddled with the horrors, and strange creatures. They must overcome great obstacles before ending their treacherous journey.


Lori's Review: 4 Stars
Charlie Freeman is a normal mouthy teenager. He gets himself in trouble. Gets suspended. Texts on his iPhone and plays his xbox.
The Good:
This book was interesting. I loved the story. Logan Rutherford wrote a very gripping story that was almost impossible for me to put down.
The writing was good. It wasn't phenomanal but Logan is still young (17) and this book shows great promise for his future.
Charlie Freeman is completely believable. He sounds and acts just like a real teenage boy. That is because Logan is clearly a real teenage boy. I loved that. It made the story seem more authentic to me for some reason.
The Grimms are awesome. And by awesome I mean scary. They are zombie aliens. Uh how cool is that.
There are some real Laugh out loud moments in this book.
There are some heartbreaking moments in this book too.
The Bad:
The beginning was hard for me to get into. However, I think that was because I had to adjust to a teenage POV. Meaning I had to get used to the teenage thinking, word usuage, and mentality.
This book is short. Really short. I felt like we only got scratched the surface of this story.
Charlie gets over the disappearance of his family pretty easily. Of course this could be because Logan had to fit a lot of information in approx 55,000 words.
I will be reading the sequel to find out what happens. I am invested in these characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment