Monday, May 14, 2012

Contagious is...well...catching!!!

"I wasn’t afraid of death. If I died, it would be over. My worst fear wasn’t of dying, it was of living. Living, while everyone around me had their flesh savagely torn from their bodies to be shoved into the festering and ever-hungry mouths of zombies. It terrified me, right down to my very core, to be alive while the rest of the world was dead."

In the midst of the Second Great Depression, twenty-five year old Orissa Penwell doesn't think things can get any worse. She couldn't be more wrong. A virus breaks out across the country, leaving the infected crazed, aggressive and very hungry.

Orissa will do anything-no matter if it's right or wrong- to save the ones she loves. But when she discovers that most of the world is infected or dead, she must decided if those lives are worth saving at all.

Lori's Review: 5 Stars!!!
Have you ever finished book and just wanted to read it all over again? Yeah this is one of those books. I seriously fell in love with these characters (especially Hayden). You know from the sudden dramatic ending that there will be a sequel (which isn't out yet. Boo!). I could write a synopsis of the plot but that really would be pointless and impossible to do without giving away spoilers.
What I liked:
The action. Tons and tons of action.
Plenty of drama and romance.
Well written. It flows smoothly. The characters have depth. I feel like we have just scratched the surface of who they are.
What I didn't like:
There we some typos. Could have used another proof reading. That being said it doesn't take away from the story and I refuse to take stars off for a minor amount of typos. Lord knows that if I ever wrote a book it would be less than perfect.

This book is awesome. I cannot stop gushing about it. I will never stop. You can't make me!!

Kami's Review: 5 Stars
I fell in love with this book. With Orissa, with Hayden, with all of them. I have said it a million times, I am a sucker for a kick as heroine! Orissa is bad ass! None of the original "crew" would have survived if it wasnt for Orissa.

When they 1st ran into the government guys inside my head I am screaming NO DONT GO WITH THEM, but it turns out they werent so bad. I do not like the facility though, I think there is some shady stuff going on there. Wondering if that might come out in the next book, or if it is all in my head.

I hated that Hayden and Orissa never ever got around to expressing their feelings to one another. You are in a zombie apocalypse, if that doesnt trigger your "life is short" motto I dont know what will!! And with that ending! Will they ever?

Will I recommend this book? Yes
Will I read it again? Maybe later
Will I read next book in series? Absolutly

0 comments:

Post a Comment